I only have school learnin'

Yesterday, on the way home from church, my kids were in the backseat arguing and yelling at each other. If your a mom, or dad, you know that it is inevitable for siblings sitting next to each other to start in on each other over something. I yelled back at them, as any good mom would do, and told them to stop it and that there would be no talking the rest of the way home.

My oldest daughter, Naomi, who is 6, yelled back, "Kiah, (short for Hezekiah) said that you know everything and I told him that he is wrong."

When I heard this, I thought two things; one, I love my son for thinking I know everything and for defending me, two, what did I do to my daughter that she is declaring my ignorance in the back seat?

I gladly told Naomi that as a mom I DO know everything, all moms know everything. (This is something I often tell my children so that they will hopefully believe that they can never one-up me.)

Naomi gladly responded, "No mom you only know what you learned in school, only Jesus knows everything."

I thought to myself, how do you argue with that?